To replace the batteries in DualCurtain Outdoor:
- Loosen the locking screw at the bottom of the detector with a PH2 cross-head screwdriver.
- Remove the detector from the SmartBracket mounting panel by sliding it upward.
- Turn off the device by holding the power button for 3 seconds.
- Place the detector on a rolled-up towel to facilitate disassembly.
- Unscrew the 4 screws with a PH2 cross-head screwdriver.
- Carefully remove the back cover of the detector.
Do not remove the rubber seal or other items on the back of the detector. They are needed to preserve tightness of the detector.
- Replace the 2 pieces of CR123A type batteries observing the polarity (indicated in the battery slot).
Ajax Security Systems recommend using lithium batteries as they have better temperature and capacitance characteristics.
CR123A and CR123 batteries are of the same type. You can use any of these in DualCurtain Outdoor.
- Turn on the detector and check the battery status in the Ajax app. Battery state data will be updated upon the next detector polling (after no more than 36 seconds with standard Jeweller settings).
- Turn off the detector, reinstall the back panel, and screw it in with 4 bundled screws.
- Turn on the detector and reinstall it.
After installing on the SmartBracket mount, wait until the masking sensors are calibrated.
- Fix the detector in SmartBracket with the bundled screw.