We pride ourselves on the facilitation of win-win transactions with our customers. If for some reason, you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, you can return the product(s) to us and we will repair it, replace it or refund the purchase price*.
Prior to placing an order, we encourage you to contact us to discuss your specific product application requirements. Our team will help to ensure that you receive a product best suited to your needs.
These terms outline our warranty & refund policies. They form part of the general terms and conditions for using and/or transacting with us and/or our website.
Cape Thermal will accept the return of orders if;
- The goods are returned undamaged in their original packaging. AND
- Original packaging is undamaged and in a resell-able condition. AND
- The equipment is in its original condition and has not been used or configured. AND
- The item is faulty and we have been notified per the terms of this policy.
Cape Thermal will not accept these returns:
- Media or software products (it is your responsibility to ensure compatibility)
- Software/Hardware license and/or unlock codes.
- Specially ordered items or items that have time-sensitive, degradable internals.
- Specially manufactured or non-standard products.
- Devices that are sensitive to electrostatic discharge where the integrity of the shielded packaging has been compromised.
- Consumable items such as cables, batteries, LEDs, etc.
- Gift Cards or sale items.
- Products which have been purchased with the express intention being returned after being used.
How to return an item to Alarm Wizards?
- Notify Alarm Wizards of the fault - contact us
- Alarm Wizards, along with the product manufacturer will determine at its own discretion whether the reported fault falls within the manufacturer warranty period.
- Successful applications will be issued with an RMA number. (Return Merchandise Authorization)
- Securely package the goods being returned - Clearly indicate your RMA number on the packaging.
- Return the goods via insured courier to the address supplied with the RMA information.
Please note: Any goods which are damaged or lost in transit will be the client's responsibility.
We will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the repair/refund was approved or not. If approved, see below:
We have a 7-day refund policy, which means you have 7 days after receiving your item to request a refund.
To be eligible for a refund, your item must be in a returnable condition (as detailed above), unused, with manuals, accessories and in its undamaged original packaging. You’ll also need the original invoice or proof of purchase.
Please note: Alarm Wizards will reasonably address refund requests on a case-by-case basis. This policy shall not limit your basic rights per the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
To start a return, you can contact us for an RMA. Once you've received an RMA number, ship it to us (with the RMA information clearly displayed on the packaging). Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
To be eligible for a refund, an approved RMA should be shipped to Cape Thermal within 2 days of the RMA being issued. Cape Thermal reserves the right to levy a handling fee (up to 25%) for goods returned outside of this time.
For approved returns: you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too.
For approved returns: you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund.
You can always contact us with any questions at email@example.com.
Repairs and/or Replacements
If your qualifying purchase is under warranty and is not functioning correctly. Please contact us for an RMA.
If your device is not under warranty or was not purchased from us (but is a brand we sell), please contact us. We may be able to assist with repairs for select cases.
Cape Thermal will ship your item to the appropriate original equipment manufacturer. Thereafter, the onus shall be on the item manufacturer to decide on whether to repair or replace your item.
You will be responsible for safely shipping or delivering your item to us.
Should your faulty product be repaired or replaced, Cape Thermal will cover the shipping fees associated with returning repaired or replaced items to you. In addition, Cape Thermal will reimburse you with up to R150 for the initial shipping costs incurred based on you providing us with a scan of the original shipping invoice.
Should your faulty product fall outside of the warranty period or warranty limitations, the product may be returned to you upon request. In this case, you will be liable for any shipping or transportation required.
There may be other terms associated with Alarm Wizards shipping your product to you. Click here to find out more.
Any Ajax equipment or other electronics purchased from Alarm Wizards carries a manufacturer 12-month normal use carry-in warranty as standard. Some products may have an extended warranty and Alarm Wizards will honour any warranty claim that falls within a manufacturers stated warranty period.
"Carry-in" means that it is your responsibility to arrange delivery of your item to us. As above, it is your responsibility to ensure that all items are delivered safely and intact.
Alarm Wizards warrants that all products sold are new and of good quality, unless clearly specified.
The above warranties shall be rendered null and void if;
- The items have not been operated in accordance with instructions and specifications.
- The product has been subjected to abuse, alteration, improper maintenance, neglect, physical damage, or tampering.
- The product has been serviced or repaired by a party not authorised by Cape Thermal.
- The product internals has been exposed to moisture.
- The product has been damaged by a power surge, act-of-god, or lightning strike.
- An original invoice cannot be provided.
Damages and issues
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item. This is so that we can evaluate and rectify the issue timeously.
The fastest way to ensure you get what you want is to return the item you have, and once the return is accepted, make a separate purchase for the new item.
Last updated: 30 July 2021